Saturday 14 September 2013

Sixth Form(College) Courses (A-Level's & BTEC Level 3's)

Hello lovely readers/followers,

So as you know I'm sixteen and that mean I just started Sixth Form(College) meaning new subjects, grade boundaries, new people and new environment.
I started Sixth Form(College) on the 4th of september and i choose to do A-level Media studies, A-Level Psychology, A-Level Drama and BTEC Level 3 Photography.

One of the first lessons I had was Psychology and when i first choose it i always thought it was going to be boring and that I wouldn't enjoy it at all and I actually do like it is one of my favourite subjects in College. We are learning about attachment and memory :)



 Then I had Media Studies which I've loved since year 10 when I first started doing in secondary school. When I got in the class it hit me that I never actually learnt the media language and techniques and certain key terms but that wont stop me from loving the subject (so after the first day when I got home I went straight to the computer and researched everything I needed to know). We're learning all the Media Language and techniques and about Action Adventure Films. Also my favourite subject.



Then I had Drama, which is something I enjoy doing and find very useful in life (to build up your confidence) to speak to groups of people or even just one person. I had about four lessons of drama and I noticed that it wasn't exactly what I wanted to do for more two years so I changed, for BTEC lEVEL 3 ICT which doesn't sound or is very fun to do but for the career I want to proceed is very useful in a way.




Then Finally I had Photography which is something people find it very easy because they think is all about having a camera/phone and take a "awesome" picture and that makes them a photographer (no offence to anyone). What I love about this course is that we learn the history, the techniques, we learn about other photographers and everything that would relate to photography and graphic design.



 Are you in College/University? What subjects are you doing? Do you enjoy them?Let me know in the comments bellow.

Much Love,
Maria xox

6 comments:

  1. Hi its great to see a blogger that's my age! we also started our blogs at the same time :) Im at college studying photography and im loving it so far!

    Gemma xxx

    http://touchofbelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gemma, wow really that so cool :D and so am i haha

      Maria xox

      Delete
  2. I did english, media and psychology at sixth form and loved both media and psychology the most! media was such fun as my class was really cool and you just get to watch films and tv- BLISS! I loved psychology too and I think you'll do the same modules that I did. As we started on attachment and memory, I found attachment actually really interesting! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Great blog too xx

    thebudgetbuyer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thats nicee :D
      and hopefully me too haha
      thank youu
      Maria xox

      Delete
  3. Good luck with psychology! I'm at A2 now haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete